Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Moment and Memories

A friend of mine recently broke the news that she and her husband are expecting their first child. She talked of all the excitement of having a family, as well as some of the anxiousness that comes with the unknown. Llots of memories rushed to my mind as I remembered both the excitement and anxious moments not so very long ago. I remember the first time I saw him, the first time I held him and each and every time he wrapped his tiny fingers around mine. Now, I smile when we solve a new communication problem. Smile when he figures out how to open something and looks so proud of himself. Smile when he accomplishes some new milestone, yet ache a little that he is already speeding through toddler-hood, leaving things I enjoy about his babyhood, in the dust.

Whether you have a young one or all of your children are grown, what special moments do you hold dear? What times do you currently enjoy together? If you don't have children, what moments were (or are) warm and wonderful with one or both of your parents back when you were growing up or currently as adults?

I wish our world wouldn't take families so for granted, as they seem to. Because, what else but family really matters?

No comments: