Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tomatoes!


...so i've taken some time off...so i've finally recovered from the Christmas festivities...and so here I am again, ready to try my hand at blogging.


Christmas was wonderful--first Christmas with my son being 'busy'! He wasn't into toys so much as the ribbons that came on them. He made Christmas really special for us this year.


Although I was out of the 'bloggy' world for a bit, I was thinking about it a lot. Things I wanted to write about and questions I had about putting this together. For now though, I've been thinking about spring! Yes, I know, the temperatures at this moment are below zero wind chill and 5 degrees without it. Maybe that's why I'm thinking spring!! Actually, I have for a long time believed that there is a connection between the rise in cancers and the food we eat. Whether I will be successful or not, I have yet to see. However--! I have my trusty 'pioneering' type book published from Reader's Digest circa the 1980's, and I am ready to grow for my family, all the fresh veggies we can eat! And then...freeze and can! Of course, I'm dreading the canning. I know already that it is not going to be my 'thing', BUT I am, today, up for the challenge! I don't have many bunnies to challenge my veggie growth (too many hawks here--hence the subraction of our chicken population!), but I do have some pretty challenging poison ivy vines that surround the garden area and will not seem to die EVEN with me shoveling out those darned roots! I know George won't be helping me--he gets poison ivy on a riding lawn mower wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt! So now I am going to go in search of a photo that my little garden will look like as an inspiration to myself. Then I'll see if I can finagle it where I want it to be on this silly blogging thingey. I am also going to try to make this post red for the yummy tomatoes of my future. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Monkey Giggles said...

I love yummy yummy home grown tomatoes.